FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use Particular Velocity only in XY Space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Taeuber
Use Particular Velocity only in XY Space
on Mar 7, 2017 at 1:28:46 pm

Hey There
I'm stuck with my Particular skills.. I want to attract particles to a layer (Physics Model -> Bounce -> Collision Event -> Stick) and they only react to a "normal" layer.
I want to mask a girl. She should attract these particles and they have to stick around her immaginary energy field.

because of the movement in XYZ space, the particels need a 3D object to stick around. I know I could turn my layer 90° but that does not works with my girl masked.

There are two options:

1. Can I let the particles move in a XY space (without Z) and they'll stick around a normal layer?

2. Can I let them react to an extruded shape layer (Renderer: Ray-traced 3D)?

Does anyone have a solution?

-Manu

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Use Particular Velocity only in XY Space
on Mar 7, 2017 at 4:49:58 pm

Nothing you have suggested will work (especially not the ray-traced part). Can you explain in more detail the effect you are trying to achieve? We are likely going to have to find some completely other way to get what you want to happen.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Manuel Taeuber
Re: Use Particular Velocity only in XY Space
on Mar 8, 2017 at 7:58:14 am

Hmm okay

I'm trying to do this:

Points should look like they are attacking the girl in the middle from the outside to the inside. The girl has an immaginary energie field around her, so the points will stick in this around her.
After this she'll "smash" the points back into their grid with a move.

Attack:

Smash back:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]