FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to cut and paste an animation from a bigger composition to a smaller one without having to redo all of the keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gillian Le
Is it possible to cut and paste an animation from a bigger composition to a smaller one without having to redo all of the keyframes?
on Mar 7, 2017 at 7:46:25 am

I'm a student who has been teaching myself AE for the past 4 months. Recently I have been working on an animation for a very large screen for an event (the aspect ratio is 4080 x 768 px). The animation has multiple layers, scenes, and Illustrator assets. I just got word today that the organization holding the event would also like a second version that is 1920 x 1080. Is there a good way to shrink down my animations and center them for a smaller screen without having to manually adjust all of my keyframes? I attempted to copy and past a layer from the big file into a 1920 x 1080 composition, but even when I tried to center the animation, only one keyframe moved, so that my animation kept bouncing back to the next keyframe which is now off-screen. Any advice?

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Is it possible to cut and paste an animation from a bigger composition to a smaller one without having to redo all of the keyframes?
on Mar 7, 2017 at 4:52:53 pm

If you park the CTI on one keyframe, select all of the keyframes and then scrub the values, you can move the entire animation to a particular point.

However, in your case, it might be better just to nest your big comp in your 1920x1080 comp.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]