FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create sort of Metadata in AE project (AE Script)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Haider Najeeb
Create sort of Metadata in AE project (AE Script)
on Mar 6, 2017 at 6:10:34 pm

I am woking on a script that creates different types of comps. And I am searching for a way to store some data for each comp somewhere in the project or in the comp itself. this data act sort of Metadata, So I can use it to recall the comps and read some comp's properties like color, size, number of layers...etc. and update them if I need to.
I was thinking of using a hidden null layer with keyframes in each comp and store these info/Metadata as keyframes by reading its values and convert it to data or maybe adding markers. But since I am fairly new in AE Scripting I would like to ask for any advice or suggestion of what the most efficient solution to store this kind of metadata.

Thanks in advance

Haider Najeeb
Art Director and Motion Designer
http://www.htn3d.com

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Create sort of Metadata in AE project (AE Script)
on Mar 7, 2017 at 5:33:05 pm

If you need to save strings of information, you could put that as source text in a hidden text layer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Haider Najeeb
Re: Create sort of Metadata in AE project (AE Script)
on Mar 8, 2017 at 7:51:02 pm

Thanks Michael! it's a great idea I was thinking about something similar but I thought there is away to put this data in place that not be accessible to the user at all. but it seems this is the only and the best approach to achieve this goal.

Thank you so much for your response.

Haider Najeeb
Art Director and Motion Designer
http://www.htn3d.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]