FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing values of effects control panel in adobe after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sagar aleasorg
changing values of effects control panel in adobe after effects
on Feb 28, 2017 at 5:09:23 am

i just downloaded a freebie after effects template. it does have 7 composition slides and a main control effects layer in it. This time i can edit the values in effects control panel but i need to introduce separate colour values for each slide in the project. but i cant do that thing. if a change the values in effects control panel, it was effectin the whole project. How can i introduce separate values of colors to each slides? can anyone help me? (sorry for bad english)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: changing values of effects control panel in adobe after effects
on Feb 28, 2017 at 3:57:32 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 28, 2017 at 6:49:30 pm

Did the template come with instructions? You should read them closely.

You should also know that no one makes templates because they are easy or simple. They are difficult and complicated. And because it's After Effects, there are no hard and fast rules for creating templates. The template creator could have done anything.

If you have little experience in After Effects, templates are EXTREMELY difficult to modify, because you may have to change something that is buried in a nested comp. You may have to re-write an expression. You typically need to know obscure details about the way the application works.

There is simply no way to give any advice because we don't know the nature of the template, nor your level of After Effects experience.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]