FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing Logos in panning shots with varying perspectives.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabe Aguayo
Removing Logos in panning shots with varying perspectives.
on Feb 24, 2017 at 10:03:02 pm

I'm working on a project in which I can't have outside logos. The subject in question is a camera and it has logos all over that I need to remove one by one using a tracking and masking method I found online. However, I've run into two main problems;

1) Some shots have a perspective change, so the same mask does not properly fit the shape of the camera. I figured I can create different mask for each major perspective change, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way.

2) Some panning shots start with the camera out of view, so I can't create the mask until the whole logo is in the frame, but then there are a few frames where the logo is visible right before the mask comes in. Is there a way to "reverse" the tracking so that it covers the second or two that precede the initial frame of the mask?

Return to posts index

Mike Sevigny
Re: Removing Logos in panning shots with varying perspectives.
on Feb 26, 2017 at 2:59:10 pm

Hey Gabe,
You'll want to look into Mocha. It will allow you to track the logos (with perspective) and import masks/tracking data into After Effects. Mocha should also do a good job at tracking the logos as they leave/enter the frame.

Some Mocha Tutorials:
How to replace a logo with mocha Pro: http://www.vimeo.com/93455754
Mocha Pro Tutorial: How to Remove Objects and Logos:

Mocha is definitely the method you should be using but IF it doesn't work: The other option is to use AE's Camera Tracker to track the shot then create 3D Mattes to mask the logos (more complex).

Mike Sevigny
http://www.torusmedialabs.com

Return to posts index

Gabe Aguayo
Re: Removing Logos in panning shots with varying perspectives.
on Feb 27, 2017 at 3:06:10 pm

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply!

I don't have Mocha Pro, but I tried using Mocha AE. However, I cannot open any files, all of my .mp4 and .avi files are not working, giving me the error message: "Failed to open file [file directory] The file is corrupted or in an unsupported format."

I searched online and the solutions I found were to install Quicktime (don't know why that should be relevant, but did it anyways), convert file to TIFF image sequence, convert file to MOV, and completely uninstall After Effects. Converting to TIFF works, but I have a lot of video and I'd rather not have to convert all of the files to TIFFs and take up a ton of space. Are there any other known solutions or workarounds to this issue?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]