FORUMS: list search recent posts

Painfully slow processing while using roto brush

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lauritzen
Painfully slow processing while using roto brush
on Feb 23, 2017 at 7:42:19 pm

The last time I used After Effects was back in in CS6 days. I subscribe to the Cloud just haven't used it. I'm somewhat proficient in Premiere and PhotoShop. I've got 16 gigs of RAM and an NVidia GPU. My OS is Windows 7.

I shoot interviews for use primarily on the web. My camera is a low end commercial Sony and I shoot in HDV. The main thing I would use AE for is to separate the interviewee from the background and then blur the background. I used the roto brush to create a mask. A simple two layer composite. Then I would export the clip into Premiere and add transitions and graphics. Pretty simple. Nothing fancy. These clips would run 20-seconds to three minutes. As I recall it all happened pretty quickly. But my client base changed so I stopped doing these.

The last couple of days I've been working on a 18-second clip trying to do the same thing in AE CC2017. I like to check the accuracy of the mask every second or so. However, it has gotten to the point where it is taking literally ten+ minutes to advance the mask processing even a few frames.

What am I doing wrong? I've watched tutorials and it all seems to happen much quicker. Of course they're usually using 5-second clips. Is 20-seconds too much for the new AE? Heaven forbid I should try to process a 3-minute clip. Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]