After Effects Composition FPS

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zam Azomi
After Effects Composition FPS
on Feb 19, 2017 at 8:57:25 pm
Last Edited By Zam Azomi on Feb 19, 2017 at 8:59:12 pm

Hai!

So I have some footage that is recorded at 300 fps. Now what i usually do is create 1 composition for a depth map that i have, then i create another composition and place the depth map composition inside that composition. Now all the footage is 300 fps but the compositions only allow me to use maximum 99 fps. Anyways, I then place the composition that has the depth map composition (99 fps composition) inside it and the normal 300 fps video and then put that inside my so called "Main Comp" that is 30 fps. Inside that composition (Main Comp) I add things like time-remapping to my footage but the question is...

Does the composition (99 fps, with 99 fps depth map comp. and 300 fps footage) that i have inside my "Main Comp" (30fps) act as if it's 99 fps or as 300 fps?

Because I can time-remap and stretch footage that is 300 fps a lot more than footage that is 99 fps inside a 30 fps comp (30 fps is my final render fps).

If you wonder why I use 300 fps it's because I use time-remapping to sync my footage to sync point in songs and i therefore go ultra slow and very fast when syncing to the "beats".

If you would like more info or simply don't understand what I mean (i get that) then I can upload a video showing what I mean inside of AE!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: After Effects Composition FPS
on Feb 20, 2017 at 11:38:27 am

The simpler way to deal with this would be to interpret your footage at 30 fps bring it in a 30 fps comp, and then bring that comp inside a main comp where you can Time remap.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]