FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is this transition and how do I achieve it? Might be some zoom, split, and twitch one.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Dillihay
What is this transition and how do I achieve it? Might be some zoom, split, and twitch one.
on Feb 19, 2017 at 3:12:24 pm

It's the effect/transitions that the WWE used for their Royal Rumble 2017 graphics.

This is the intro for the show. I would love to know, for one, how to do the letter-by-letter reveal of "The Road To Wrestlemania" words (wouldn't mind to know how to do the flashy reveal of the Royal Rumble logo, either):

But it's this opening video that I really am interested in (can't do it full screen because, you know...copyrights and such):

A lot of things happening there, and it probably has to do with a bunch of masks and simple transitions to get a bigger effect when put together, but there could be an easier way (the Slice It Up plugin MIGHT achieve this, but I don't want to pay for something that won't get me what I desire). Want to be able to have text, and make the text broken up and twitching like it is in the intro.

Here's a rendition someone did (I think) of that transition when posting the theme song for the show that is in full screen (the transition happens at :51 seconds here):

I want to do this for my YouTube channel trailer, and I got SUPER inspired when I saw this package. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: What is this transition and how do I achieve it? Might be some zoom, split, and twitch one.
on Feb 20, 2017 at 10:22:47 pm

For the very first video, a lot of it would be by changing the text for each few frames. Unfortunately there isn't a special filter that will build that for you.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: What is this transition and how do I achieve it? Might be some zoom, split, and twitch one.
on Feb 21, 2017 at 8:32:15 pm

Wiggle expression can be applied to the opacity Transform so you can make things do that blink. There are thousands of expression tutorials to google search.

For the words, I would use the Animate > Character Offset (and then inside that you can find a bunch of settings to manipulate and key frame)

Finally, I would use a Camera Layer to zoom in and out quickly, and align that with the keyframes so the camera "gets to the place" just before the letter pops on (via the Character Offset).

First I guess just mess around with the Animate > Character Offset.

When you feel comfortable with that, make the text layer 3D. Then add a camera. And a null layer. make the null layer 3D. reveal the position of the null layer. Reveal the point of interest for the camera and also reveal the position of the camera.

Option-click the stop watch (keyframe icon) for the camera point of interest and drag the expression pickwhip (the spiral) to the null layer's Position.

Then option-click the stopwatch (keyframe icon) for the camera position and pickwhip it also to the null layer's Position.

At this point, you will lose your picture because you have moved your camera to where the null layer is, so twirl down its Position and drag the Z-axis to (-1200) or so -- whatever looks right to you. From here on out, you will use the Null Layer to move the camera, so I usually rename the null layer to Camera Truck. You can keyframe the Camera Truck position to make it move where you want it to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]