FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding texture colour to frames drawn in photoshop, animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
May Kindred-Boothby
Adding texture colour to frames drawn in photoshop, animation
on Feb 17, 2017 at 10:53:21 am

Hi, so i've drawn a load of frames in photoshop, they're just limple line drawings, i've exported them all as png's and imported the sequence into after effects.

What i now want to do is fill each section the drawing with a different watercolour block texture, but that will follow the movement on to other frames. I've got the coloured blocks as seperate layers, but i can't work out how to create a mask so that each block is only showing the section that i want it to. I presume there is a way to do this with masks? Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adding texture colour to frames drawn in photoshop, animation
on Feb 17, 2017 at 4:57:17 pm

[May Kindred-Boothby] "fill each section the drawing with a different watercolour block texture, but that will follow the movement on to other frames."

If this textured fill isn't going to animate, you're better off doing it in Photoshop. It'll be a lot easier.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

May Kindred-Boothby
on Feb 17, 2017 at 6:26:51 pm

It will animate in that it will follow the animated shapes that i've already drawn. In the same way that the fill tool does! Theres no easy cheat? I was so sure there would be!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 17, 2017 at 6:49:35 pm

Sorry, no easy cheat for that in AE.

But I'm pretty sure there is in Photoshop -- what do they call it? A procedure? Something like that? It's an easily-repeatable set of actions for multiple images.

I have people who make my Photoshop stuff -- my personal experience with it stinks.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]