FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor working only with positive speed values, not negative

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roy achkar
Twixtor working only with positive speed values, not negative
on Feb 16, 2017 at 8:56:29 am

Never had this but when I am tryong to apply Twixtor to my sequence it only works if the speed % is set to a positive value.
If I set it to something like -10 and hit play nothing happens and if I hit the preview ram button I get this error message:
"After Effects error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback"

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Twixtor working only with positive speed values, not negative
on Feb 16, 2017 at 3:59:48 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 16, 2017 at 5:17:40 pm

I don't think you understand the primary function of Twixtor. It's not designed to animate variations in speed.

It is FRAME RATE CONVERSION SOFTWARE. You use it to turn a 59.94 fps clip into a 23.976 clip, for example.

If you want to alter or animate the speed of a clip, use Time Remapping.

And if you spent $500 on Twixtor to do something it's not designed to do, please send me your RE:Vision EFX key code info to activate the plugin and I will make very good use of it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Harries
on Feb 17, 2017 at 8:14:24 pm

Hey Dave,
The last I used AE and twixtor was 7 years ago so forgot a few details, picking up things again.

I don't want to animate the speed of a clip I just want to slow it down (constant speed) in an elegant way without it being clunky.

I don't like to use the native time remapping tool in AE because the slow motion effect is never as smooth and fluid as in twixtor, this is why I chose twixtor.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 17, 2017 at 9:25:44 pm

Well, if you're confident Twixtor can do the job, then great.

This MIGHT be an AE bug. AE CC 2017 is notorious for them, and they're a right royal pain to track down. You can spend days in the diagnostic process. The folks on Adobe's AE forum are pretty darn good at that... but it WILL take time.

If you don't require the features in AE CC 2017, I'd try AE CC 2014, the most bug-free of the more current versions.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Harries
on Feb 18, 2017 at 7:38:10 pm

OK, to sum things up if one wants to have a nice slow motion effect here are the options:

1-convert from 60fps to 30fps + enable frame blending or use RS motion blur or use timewarp motion blur.

2-use time strech + enable frame blending or RS motion blur or time warp motion blur.

3-use simple time warp (enable built in blending).

4-use twixtor (enable built in blending).

PLZ corerct if I am wrong.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]