FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit mask to make it look "brush-like" / frayed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Butters
Edit mask to make it look "brush-like" / frayed
on Feb 15, 2017 at 9:27:02 am


I started working with After Effects yesterday. I'm working on a bar which shows the name of the journalist and some other information.
I first tried to change the position of my bar over time to make it moving into the screen, but my bar isn't just a rectangle, it's like a painted bar so it didn't look really good.

However, I have now made a mask for my bar which changes it's position over time via keyframe. I gave it the option "substract". This looks way better.
The mask is just a rectangle, but I want to make it look like "frayed", so it isn't that boring anymore.

The bar itself is by the way an object I've imported from a photoshop file.

Is this even possible to achieve?
How can I do that?

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
Re: Edit mask to make it look "brush-like" / frayed
on Feb 15, 2017 at 2:16:42 pm

I think what you need to achieve what you're looking for is a track matte instead of a mask. If you are not familiar with track mattes, search up some help/tutorials on them. You can use a shape created in Photoshop or wherever to make a "mask" with whatever edges and/or shape you want.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Edit mask to make it look "brush-like" / frayed
on Feb 15, 2017 at 3:18:52 pm

if you dont have time to learn new stuff...although it is could try adding the roughen edges effect to your painted box

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 All Rights Reserved