FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleted by mistake original AI file on a puppet tool character!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel de Diego
Deleted by mistake original AI file on a puppet tool character!
on Feb 14, 2017 at 3:39:01 pm

Help, I deleted by mistake original AI file on a puppet tool character. Is there a way to repair that? I've tried to recreate the AI file copying the name layer from the comp but now it's not fitting with the original position and everything is messed up.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
You're Hosed!
on Feb 14, 2017 at 3:49:14 pm

Sorry, but I only have bad news. You must start over from the beginning. It is like it's a brand-new bit of animation.... because it is!

There is one consolation to deleting files by mistake -- you never do it again. The pain of recovering from the mistake is a very good teacher.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Miguel de Diego
Re: You're Hosed!
on Feb 14, 2017 at 5:41:26 pm

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... i feared that. Well, i've redone the thing, likely i had a rendered video of the animation so was easier to move the character as it was before my HUGE mistake.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: You're Not Quite Hosed!
on Feb 15, 2017 at 12:26:26 am
Last Edited By Joseph W. Bourke on Feb 15, 2017 at 1:59:58 am

Miguel -

It sounds as if you've recreated the file by now. For future reference, you can get back a deleted file - here's a quick explanation why: when you delete a file, nothing is really thrown away; the system just substitutes a question mark (?) for the first letter of the filename. This means that unless you've done a lot of saving, and the location of the deleted file on your hard drive has been written over, it's likely the file is actually still there. And there's a free utility called Recuva which will let you find and recover the deleted file:

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

A good thing to have in your pocket for the next time this happens...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]