FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm Stuck-Missing Files?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Cummings
I'm Stuck-Missing Files?
on Feb 10, 2017 at 11:48:00 am
Last Edited By John Cummings on Feb 10, 2017 at 12:35:14 pm

I'm a camera guy helping out a local charity with a video and new to AE.

I purchased a slideshow sequence for AE off a site and it sorta works, but it's showing color bars in the background. It looks like I'm missing several element files like Flare1, Flare2 etc, and Particle1, Particle2...all .mov files. And 3 Spot layers which are psd's.

So I guess my question is, are these sort of assets standard elements from Adobe I can install or are am I sunk?

Deadline looming. Any After Effects Ninjas out there that help on this? I'm on AE 2017CC /Windows.

Thanks a million!

J.Cummings
DP/Lighting Cameraman
cameralogictv.com

Return to posts index

Emre Anil
Re: I'm Stuck-Missing Files?
on Feb 10, 2017 at 2:12:50 pm

It seems like some of the footage you purchased are missing in After Effects project. Template makers generally pre-render the effects like particles and flares to compensate the missing effects.

Check the files you got from the purchase and see if the MOV files are included. If you have them you need to re-link them in AE from the project window. Right-click on the missing file in project window and select "Replace Footage -> File" then select the folder/file from your hard drive. After that AE should find all the missing links automatically and you shouldn't have a problem, if not do the same thing for the other missing files..

Return to posts index

John Cummings
Re: I'm Stuck-Missing Files?
on Feb 10, 2017 at 2:17:57 pm

Thanks Emre.
I took a closer look at the download Pkg and finally noticed the missing files in a folder. All relinked and rendering now.
I think I need new glasses.

Issue resolved. Thanks!

J.Cummings
DP/Lighting Cameraman
cameralogictv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]