FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching Skin Tones

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Glaim
Matching Skin Tones
on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:54:01 am

Hey, guys.

I shot 2 or 3 minutes of me lip-syncing a song, intending to add effects to different portions of the footage, but I quickly discovered that some of those effects required me to reshoot portions of the footage so I could add the effect and then try to blend it in with the original footage, but the problem is - even though the reshoots take place under virtually the same settings and conditions as the original footage, my skin tone is noticeably different. I can match both pieces of footage up so my head is perfectly aligned in the same position on both and then fade from one to the other and back, but the only give-away is that you can see my skin tone changing during the fade. Anyone know how I can at least make this color shift less obvious?

Thanks, everyone.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Matching Skin Tones
on Feb 7, 2017 at 11:11:38 am

You can grade at one of the shots to match the other, or grade them both to meet in the middle. Use built-in effects like Levels, Curves, Lumetri Color, or SA Color Finesse, or third-party effects like Mojo or Colorista.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Tim Glaim
Re: Matching Skin Tones
on Feb 7, 2017 at 1:31:40 pm

I've tried the Curves but couldn't get it to look right. I'll give the others a try. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]