FORUMS: list search recent posts

What just happened to my head rotation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Glaim
What just happened to my head rotation?
on Feb 4, 2017 at 3:43:54 am

Hi, everyone.

Okay, so I shot some footage of my head in a 360 rotation, but my body had moved while I was shooting it, so I spent at least a couple of hours manually adjusting the position and scale to get my head to stay in one place. I succeeded. I got it to stay in one place. Then, rendered the footage and saw that my head no longer stays in one place. I went back to the project and sure enough, my head no longer stays in one place there, either. All the keyframes are there. The MP4 follows the path they created. All the values change as I scrub through the footage. Why is my head not centered anymore? I DID move the footage down the timeline, but the keyframe went with it and are still in place. What happened?

Also, if anyone knows a better way to stabilize my head, I'd love to hear it. I know you can stabilize shaky footage, but I'm pretty sure that's contingent on the motion tracker having a consistent point to follow, and since this is a 360 rotation of my head, I don't see how there's any point it can follow all the way around.

Thank you very much, guys.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: What just happened to my head rotation?
on Feb 6, 2017 at 2:23:04 pm

It'll be hard to help you without being able to see what you see. Can you post a screenshot or a screen capture showing your complete UI?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Tim Glaim
Re: What just happened to my head rotation?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:24:51 am

I fixed it by adjusting the Anchor Point instead of the Position. I don't know why that worked, but whatever.

Thanks, anyway. ^_^

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]