FORUMS: list search recent posts

Renders extremely slow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Holden
Renders extremely slow
on Feb 2, 2017 at 11:44:49 pm

I'm trying to render a video and it's 5 minutes long, I have an Audio Spectrum effect, a moving background (nothing extreme just a wiggle(1.25,200) expression on rotation and position. I also have a SoundKeys layer (it's invisible though), and a VideoCopilot Twitch effect. The render times are insane! 1h 5m for a five minute video! Please help

Specs:
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Renders extremely slow
on Feb 3, 2017 at 12:23:11 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 3, 2017 at 1:05:00 am

Sounds like you're brand-new to AE. The render time you're experiencing is par for the course. No kidding.

"Yeah, but why? I've got a really nice computer!"

Irrelevant. In fact, you're a little light on memory: 16 gigs would be better./It all depends on your AE version, the footage you're using, and what you're doing in AE.

Wait until you get into projects where the renders take a minute or two PER FRAME. Assuming a 59.94 frame rate, five minutes would take almost 25 days to render.

And that's why you're wise to do do just individual shots in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lance Moody
on Feb 3, 2017 at 3:48:12 am
Last Edited By Lance Moody on Feb 3, 2017 at 3:48:51 am

In all fairness, that is pretty fast in 1997 terms!

The team assures us that they have been working very hard for years now to make After Effects better.
And they have! Why now you can buy Adobe Stock much more quickly that you ever could before!

And there is a rumor that someone on the team now actually realizes that modern computers (like 2004's blazing Celeron-D's) actually have more than one core! They aren't doing anything with this info but they know about it!

In the meantime, a new bug in 14.1.0.7, that somehow escaped the crack QA team, resets all recorded render times of old renders in the render queue to zero.

That's fast!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 3, 2017 at 4:15:12 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 3, 2017 at 6:07:45 pm

Don't get me started on my opinion of Adobe 's direction for software development.

Suffice it to say that as soon as some canny developer introduces viable competitors for their applications, I'm jumping ship and dropping the whole miserable, revolting collection of this rental garbage like a hot potato.

Screw Adobe. They haven't been worth s**t for about five years now, and it's only getting worse.

Oh, I could write for hours about my loathing, disgust & abhorrence of the current state of affairs at Adobe......

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]