FORUMS: list search recent posts

AfterEffects Expression - Adding a delay to a "If, Then" expression using amplitude and Audio waveform data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Bennet
AfterEffects Expression - Adding a delay to a "If, Then" expression using amplitude and Audio waveform data
on Jan 31, 2017 at 9:03:08 pm

Hi!

I'm fairly new to aftereffects expressions.

I've been working with "if, Then" statements and specifically been messing around with the audiospectrum effect. I used the keyframe assistant to convert the audio waveform into amplitude data from my music piece in the comp timeline.

Currently I have an expression that looks like this:

amp = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Right Channel")("Slider") if(amp > 27){ 1.5; } else { 0.25; }

This expression is tied to a "speed" variable on the "starburst effect". My question is I'm trying to figure out if there is a way where I can add a "ease in" and "ease out" or an effective delay so that the starburst effect doesn't just shoot up to 1.5 speed as soon as the amp hits 27+ and vice versa.

I want it to have an expression that's still tied to the amplitude of the song but with a delay so when the amp value hits 27, the speed ramps up smoothly to 1.5 and back down again instead of jerking and have that delay over half of a second approximately. Has anyone had experience with this? Hope I made sense!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]