After Effects / Lines & Circles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eftychia Maria Kondyli
After Effects / Lines & Circles
on Jan 26, 2017 at 8:47:24 pm

Hi everyone, I am trying to create something like this
https://stripe.com/connect
with the lines coming in and out of the circles. I tried a few things but I can't get it to look as natural as in the reference above.. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this?
Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: After Effects / Lines & Circles
on Jan 26, 2017 at 11:03:31 pm

Hi Eftychia, you could create the paths (make sure they go off screen at the start and end) and then use the Vegas Effect - Stroke = mask path, Segments = 1, Length = 0.1?, then keyframe the Rotation.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Paul
on Jan 27, 2017 at 8:21:57 am

Yeah the vegas seems like a correct approach. However, notice that the OP's beams (or whatever) have a lot more width at the start then at the end.

The vegas beams are pretty much constant width.

Return to posts index

Eftychia Maria Kondyli
on Jan 27, 2017 at 9:10:50 am

Hi Jeremy, thank you for taking your time on this. I tried the vegas effect in the comp that I am working on and it looks quite well. You are right that the beam's width is pretty constant, but I think it quite close for now.

Someone on the adobe forum suggested using the Trapcode 3D Stroke or Cinema 4D Lite, in case you want to try that; I am not very familiar with those yet, but I might give them a try as well.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Paul
on Jan 27, 2017 at 4:06:21 pm

NP. I am not familiar with them too. If you do try and have time, post the results. Would love to see them.

Return to posts index

Eftychia Maria Kondyli
on Jan 27, 2017 at 8:59:20 am

Hi Greg, thank you very much for you reply, the vegas effect seems to working very well for the result I am looking for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]