FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scripting Problem: Can I show up only the comps/solids that appear in my viewer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorge Granados
Scripting Problem: Can I show up only the comps/solids that appear in my viewer?
on Jan 24, 2017 at 12:58:28 am

I have this grid of solid layers and camera transitions between solids.

With a script that I'm doing I want to change the solids with compositions, everyone with a different time duration and the camera transitions and solids replacement with my scenes' compositions will adjust automatically.

My problem is that if i left all the comps active all the time the render will consume too much time. Is there a way to hide comps and show only the ones that are around my current composition? Like the ones with a blue cross.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Scripting Problem: Can I show up only the comps/solids that appear in my viewer?
on Jan 24, 2017 at 2:35:18 am

I don't know of any script that can do what you want. But you CAN toggle the opacity on & off with Hold keyframes for opacity -- if a layer is at 0% opacity, it doesn't render.

The complicated part is keeping the layers straight in your mind so you know which ones should be on or off.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Emre Anil
Re: Scripting Problem: Can I show up only the comps/solids that appear in my viewer?
on Jan 24, 2017 at 11:18:03 am

Assuming your TARGET is on top of the Blue Solid in your first image and attached to your camera, you can add the following expression on the opacity of every comp in your grid. You need to tweak the distance values..

if( Math.abs(this.transform.position[0] - thisComp.layer("TARGET").transform.position[0]) < 1920 &&
Math.abs(this.transform.position[1] - thisComp.layer("TARGET").transform.position[1]) < 1080)
else

Hope this helps..

Return to posts index

Jorge Granados
on Jan 26, 2017 at 5:17:49 pm

I thought of making something similar, actually thanks for the help because your answer fits in a single line haha
If I'm understading well, by TARGET you mean a null parented to my layer that is doing the animation?

I have a null doing the animation so the target's null will be in the same position as my animation null, but when I do 3D rotations my null goes to far from my actual view as you can see in my second image. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your answer and interest in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]