FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bullet Time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Adams
Bullet Time
on Jan 22, 2017 at 9:12:59 pm

I know that After Effects has a "bullet time" effect where you can slow down a sequence without it becoming jerky by creating the intermediate frames necessary. I'm looking for that technology, but simpler than After Effects, where I can give it, say, a 15 minute video that was shot at 30fps and after 8 hours or so, get a video that was effectively shot at 60 or 120fps. The software would extrapolate between frames and add two or three intermediate frames after each original frame.

Does anyone know of something like that?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Bullet Time
on Jan 22, 2017 at 10:59:32 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 23, 2017 at 12:07:58 am

You could try Twixtor. But I don't hold out a lot of hope. Not with the super-slo-mo motion of Bullet Time.

That's something you have to figure out in advance and then shoot to accomplish. With a BOATLOAD of cameras, incidentally.

You don't say to yourself one fine day, "Hey, let's do some bullet time stuff!" You'll fail.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
on Jan 23, 2017 at 2:54:29 pm

Steve,

My understanding is that you either want to stretch the time of your footage, or effectively double its frame rate. You can use AE's time-warp or time-remapping feature and play around with things like frame averaging. So you could timestretch the layer, then add timewarp the same amount.

Chris Wright has numerous postings here that involve time and frame-rate changing, such as this thread
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/979209

Do a search for his name and you'll find lots of ideas.

Jim
Colorburst Video

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
on Jan 23, 2017 at 3:32:42 pm

Thanks guys!

I don't really care if the 30fps video goes to 60 or 120 fps. I just want smooth slow motion, and it looks like Twixtor does this just by blending better, which is fine with me.

I also notice that Premier Pro CS2015 seems to have this technology built in.

And there's a Twixtor just for Premier Pro, without involving After Effects.

So, lot's of possibilities!

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jan 23, 2017 at 8:11:01 pm

Twixtor is hit and miss with standard frame rates.

Ive had just as much success letting AE do the magic.

Premiere not as fun as AE IMHO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]