FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamic Link Trouble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Hadfield
Dynamic Link Trouble
on Jan 19, 2017 at 7:41:40 pm

I pulled a clip from Premiere to After Effects to use the warp stabilizer. I have 1080 footage on a 720 Premiere timeline and have this clip scaled to 68. In after effects, it looks right and the warp does it's job, but when I go back to Premiere the clip has scaled up. I have heads cut off but if I lower the scale in Premiere, it acts as if it's at 100 and I can't scale down. I have tried leaving Premiere scale at 100 and sending to After Effects, and changing the scale IN After Effects both before and after using the dynamic link to send the clip. I really don't want to render out files and take them back to Premiere. I have done this loads of times and haven't had a problem.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Dynamic Link Trouble
on Jan 19, 2017 at 8:39:13 pm

I don't trust Dynamic Link to work properly for round-tripping like that. Just try rendering out the 1080 video in AE, import into PP and see if it works as expected for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lindsay Hadfield
on Jan 19, 2017 at 8:41:21 pm

That's what I was afraid of! Thank you :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 19, 2017 at 9:30:23 pm

Aw, don't be afraid.

In situations like this, I just do all my AE projects for the day, make a new project, import all the day's projects, then render all of 'em overnight. I hit the Render button, have a relaxing evening, and when I come in the next day everything's ready for me.

Heck, that's the way you HAD to do it in Days Of Yore... it took AE Version Three about 4 hours to render out a 30-second spot of any complexity. Now I just use the strategy 'cause I know how... and it works.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lindsay Hadfield
on Jan 19, 2017 at 11:50:24 pm

Oh yes, I did do that in the days of yore which is why I get annoyed when the tricks and updates fail me! I often leave things overnight...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]