FORUMS: list search recent posts

I've spent hours researching and I can't figure out how to do a simple task (decrease time gradually)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Del Fante
I've spent hours researching and I can't figure out how to do a simple task (decrease time gradually)
on Jan 19, 2017 at 7:22:29 am

Hello,

I am trying to accomplish a very simple task. I want a layers speed to decrease gradually (slower and slower as time goes by) from one point to another, thats it. I understand I need to use time remapping. The speed graph editor is extremely difficult. You think you would be able to control speed by making a linear line from one point to another in any direction of any angle thus exponentially increasing or gradually decreasing (depending on angle). when I mess with key frames in the speed graph editor i get all kinds of curves and wacky lines. I know there is a linear button that I can click when selected a keyframe(s) but thats not doing the trick.

I would really appreciate any help on this, it would mean a lot. I created a Creative Cow account just to ask this question. Thank you for any help in advance.

Ben

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: I've spent hours researching and I can't figure out how to do a simple task (decrease time gradually)
on Jan 19, 2017 at 3:54:33 pm

There was one script attached to a placed marker.

I would have to dig up a ton of older files to find that one.

I dont know why I stopped using it.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: I've spent hours researching and I can't figure out how to do a simple task (decrease time gradually)
on Jan 20, 2017 at 12:30:56 am

[Ben Del Fante] "I want a layers speed to decrease gradually (slower and slower as time goes by) from one point to another, thats it. "

you could just use the graph editor for this. if it's position for example, you can create a curve like this:

more about it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/speed.html

you could do this with expression but this stuff may be overwhelming for beginners. more information from the Dan Ebberts website
http://www.motionscript.com/articles/speed-control.html

here's the project file:

10963_speed.aep.zip

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ben Del Fante
on Jan 20, 2017 at 4:44:46 am

Hey I really appreciate the help. Its weird you have to make a curve and cant just make a straight line so it goes from 10, 9 , 8, 7, 6, 5.... instead of curve which speed goes from 10 to 7 to 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1.... If that makes any sense.

Thanks again tho

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jan 20, 2017 at 6:58:32 am

What exactly do you want to accomplish- be specific? These two option should cover it but you also have value graph, try it too,

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]