FORUMS: list search recent posts

360 video - force look overlay ??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moog Gravett
360 video - force look overlay ??
on Jan 18, 2017 at 4:37:53 pm

Hi folks,

I'm just dipping my toe into the water of 360 videos using Mettle's Skybox.

Is there any way to force the viewer to see a particular image? I appreciate that the video has no knowledge of the direction the user is looking in, but wondered if there wa something like a 2d layer that could be 'forced on' over the top.

I imagine this is not viable with the current tech, I certainly can't find any info on a google search, but thought I'd ask here anyway, just in case anyone has a bright idea.

All the best,

Moog

Return to posts index

Chris Bobotis
Re: 360 video - force look overlay ??
on Jan 18, 2017 at 5:54:15 pm

The answer is Yes and NO...

Yes this can be done via HTML 5 but would only work in your own proprietary environment.

No even if we built a tool right now that made easy for you to do, we (all) still need the major 360 players like FaceBook & youtube to support this.

I think it is inevitable... all players will probably support this and many features at "view time" - I know we are talking to FaceBook & youtube about this and much, much more.

HTH

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

Moog Gravett
Re: 360 video - force look overlay ??
on Jan 18, 2017 at 6:04:27 pm

Hey Chris,

thanks for the reply. Nice to have a direct connection with you. The answer is pretty much what I expected and I appreciate the situation.

Our team is just about to start out on our first 360 video, so I'm sure I'll have a good few questions for you sir.

All the best,

Moog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]