FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow for adding animated captions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elias Gwinn
Workflow for adding animated captions
on Jan 18, 2017 at 5:18:50 am

I'm making a 3-min video for social media similar to those produced by Mic.com, ATTN:, NowThis, etc. Specifically, I need to add stylized, animated captions.

I'm VERY new to AE. I've just watched some tutorials and have made some animated text that I'm happy with.

Now I'm trying to figure out workflow. Which would you recommend:

1: export each A-roll clip from PP, import it into a new composition in AE, animate the captions for the dialog, and drop the composition back into the PP sequence. This seems like it'll give me the most flexibility if I change the PP sequence, but it doesn't seem like the most streamlined option.

2: export the entire PP sequence, import it into a new composition in AE, animate ALL captions for ALL the dialog. This seems more streamlined, but less flexible if changes to the PP sequence are needed in the future.

3: some other workflow that a less ignorant and more experienced editor would use.

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Emre Anil
Re: Workflow for adding animated captions
on Jan 18, 2017 at 10:11:06 am

Some other ideas:

You can make your captions in AE with transparent background and render with alpha channel then import to PP.

You can import the project file directly to PP. Then you can drop your caption comps from the AE project in your sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]