FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shadow Catcher -- Accepts Shadows "Only - Disabled" -- Can't get rid of plane visibility

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Pern
Shadow Catcher -- Accepts Shadows "Only - Disabled" -- Can't get rid of plane visibility
on Jan 11, 2017 at 9:38:59 am

I have a deliverable due in 12 hrs and I cannot figure out what is going on with shadow catcher... option to set to Accepts Shadow Only is disabled for some reason. Can someone explain this!? Please and thank you ☺

Return to posts index

Drew Pern
Re: Shadow Catcher -- Accepts Shadows "Only - Disabled" -- Can't get rid of plane visibility
on Jan 11, 2017 at 8:58:03 pm

help. please.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Caco
Re: Shadow Catcher -- Accepts Shadows "Only - Disabled" -- Can't get rid of plane visibility
on Aug 2, 2017 at 3:47:38 pm
Last Edited By Ricardo Caco on Aug 2, 2017 at 3:57:55 pm

An old thread (and you probably already solved it by yourself), but since I got here...

It's a limitation of the render mode. "CINEMA 4D" renderer doesn't support it.
Your option is to change the renderer to "Classic 3D" or "Ray-traced 3D".

Also, it only worked for me with a opaque background: a solid layer or a footage / image behind. (Otherwise, the shadow catcher will appear pure black.)

---
Cheers!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jun 12, 2019 at 9:08:53 pm

there's a way to get the shadow catcher if you precompose the 3d scene and use one with a white solid with the shadow as the only layer in the precomp, and the duplicate of that precomp with all the rest... think of as creating a shadow pass.

now in the master comp use the shadow comp in multiply.

you can make this setup more elegant using master properties. this way it's the same precomp with one instance with the shadow pass and the other with just the object.

here's an example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n9mrqcNGt1VMJW_HzvbvQ3L7I4lxuW9m/view?usp=...

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]