FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bear Green Screen?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaernon Adrian
Bear Green Screen?
on Dec 30, 2016 at 4:03:34 pm

The bear is definitely NOT there in the original video. I`m really trying to understand how they done it. Green screen bear? 3D bear?

What gives it away is that in this cover of the singer, you can actually see the weight of the singer on the bed, but the bear`s weight not and since it is impossible that a thousand pound bear would not show his weight on the bed, it has to be fake.

I just want to know HOW do you think he done it and also what visual effects did he use to make the bear as present and real as possible in the video. THanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Bear Green Screen?
on Dec 30, 2016 at 4:11:42 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 30, 2016 at 4:13:47 pm

After the first minute-25 seconds I ran out of patience. Where's the shot?

All I saw was a guy sitting on a bed next to a bear, followed by a lot more than a minute of boredom made to look like bad video.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chaernon Adrian
on Dec 30, 2016 at 4:17:09 pm

Well the BEAR is fake, that`s what I was saying, I mean the bear probably DOES exist in real life but it was not shot next to the guy in the same shot, that is FOR SURE.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 30, 2016 at 4:40:04 pm

[Chaernon Adrian] "the bear probably DOES exist in real life but it was not shot next to the guy in the same shot, that is FOR SURE."

That's obvious, but I couldn't discern any blatant technique. I'll take a stab at using Rotobrush on a piece of stock or found bear footage -- probably shot at a video (not film) frame rate, then using a host of bad video techniques to draw attention away from the bad edges of the matte.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Dec 30, 2016 at 4:42:17 pm

there's so little bear footage, it could have been rotoscoped in less time and for less money than it would have taken to set up a portable green screen in a bear exhibit, shoot it and key it.

the 'bad video' look might have been used to hide issues with the roto or compositing of the shots.

it's possible that someone involved in the production new someone who had access to a bear so they could set up a green screen shoot, or found stock footage of a bear on a green screen, but i'm betting they roto'ed the bear from a more normal video shot.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]