FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips go down in quality when imported in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bhumika Valmike Narula
Clips go down in quality when imported in AE
on Dec 18, 2016 at 8:42:16 am

I am having a weird trouble with some clips that were recorded in game (Screen recorded, on NVIDIA graphic card) .
The file is mp4, 32bits, 30fps, and with a resolution of 1920X1080. The codec used is h.264.

The problem I have is, the moment I import the clip in AE, its resolution sort of goes down. The color fades a bit, and sharpness of image also goes down a bit.
I have checked my setting, I am viewing the clip at Full resolution in AE. My composition settings are same as clip. Though, I can see the difference even before making a composition.

The same thing is happening with Premier Pro as well. Also, when I open these clips in VLC, Windows media player, and quicktime, I see different resolutions as well. The difference is drastic. Quicktime plays it at worst quality, windows movie player gives the best. What I see in VLC is closest to what I see in AE/Premier Pro.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Clips go down in quality when imported in AE
on Dec 19, 2016 at 12:06:58 am

show us some full screenshots of your Ae interface with the footage at full quality vs what you see in the media players

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Bhumika Valmike Narula
Re: Clips go down in quality when imported in AE
on Dec 19, 2016 at 8:24:22 am

I won't be able to post them publicly, (confidentiality and all). Is there any question that comes to your mind, which I can answer?
I tried opening the clip again in Premier Pro, and well I don't know how, the quality is better this time. I just made a new project, however, I hadn't changed any settings. AE is still giving me trouble. Even Premier Pro is compressing it a bit (Now I see the clips are slightly stretched, but its not too bad, and I can live with it.) I guess I am just going to edit it in Premier pro, and only do text bit in AE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]