FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retouching Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Meyer
Retouching Workflow
on Dec 13, 2016 at 12:54:23 pm

I need to do some retouching (removing wires, background objects, cars, that kind of stuff). Since I am not very experienced with doing that kind of stuff in After Effects I wanted to know if the following would be a sensible workflow:

I export a still from the shot as a Photoshop file. I then open that file in PS and do my retouching, using a new layer for each new area (e.g. one layer for the wall on the left and another layer for the wall on the right). I then import my PSD file into AE and track the motion of the shot using the 3D Camera Tracker. Based on that I create separate solids for the different areas that I retouched (e.g. left wall, right wall) and attach the retouching layers from the PSD file to the corresponding solids.

What do you think?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Retouching Workflow
on Dec 13, 2016 at 3:43:16 pm

Sorry, but you seek a standard workflow where none exists. Wire removal itself could demand one of a number of techniques. Background cleanup is the same story. Set extension? You guessed it -- different techniques.

So how to you select the most efficient technique? First you develop experience in effects work so you have viable starting points.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]