FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to make a node based flat comp which undulates (possibly use Plexus?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig hellen
Best way to make a node based flat comp which undulates (possibly use Plexus?)
on Dec 10, 2016 at 7:29:51 pm

Hi guys

So I have a trangular node based piece of branding from a client and we want to do 2 things.

1)
Have a gentle wiggle applied to the "mesh" and have all the nodes and lines stay connected.

2)
Be able to pull a camera in (or just scale to get the effect) to have icons placed in each node point.

There are 2 screens which I hope help illustrate this:

I do have plexus but I don't know if we can get it to behave as a flat layer and be able to navigate to and keep the camera focused on different points.

Any help is appreciated!

Craig

Co-Director Podchains Ltd
Video Producer / Motion graphics designer http://bexmedia.net

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Best way to make a node based flat comp which undulates (possibly use Plexus?)
on Dec 11, 2016 at 11:23:53 pm

Hi Craig, how do you want the mesh to look when it undulates/wiggles? It might be something as simple as using the Bezier Warp effect (or any of a number of effects in the Distort menu) you might also look at the Puppet tool. For the zoom, as you say, you can just scale up and pan & scan. As long as you are using vector graphics they will remain crisp - are you having a particular problem?

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: Best way to make a node based flat comp which undulates (possibly use Plexus?)
on Dec 14, 2016 at 10:28:48 am

That triangular mesh does indeed look very plexus-like. If you recreate your mesh using 3D Nulls at the same Z position, Plexus will give you a flat mesh of connected nodes (depending on the Plexus renderer you choose). You can add a noise effector for a gentle undulation (only in the XY axes, if you prefer) and then move the camera around it as you wish, so yes, it should work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]