3D Track Error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mat Reynolds
3D Track Error
on Dec 9, 2016 at 11:05:29 pm

I'm getting what appears to be a common error when 3D Tracking

"3d camera tracker layer size must match composition"

Having done a quick search on Google, I've seen people suggest simply dropping the clip onto a new comp and let AE create the comp and then run the camera tracker. However, my situation is a little different.

I've created a sequence within Premiere Pro, and now I'd like to add some 3D text and other bits and pieces within the video. So I'm right clicking on a clip and selecting "Replace With After Effects Compositions".

On clips that have been scaled down (71%) to match the comp size, the tracker in AE works fine. However, the clips where I've left at 100% (to use as a zoom - i was filming at 2.7k on a GoPro and my project is 1080p), I get an error.

How can I get around this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 3D Track Error
on Dec 10, 2016 at 7:27:10 pm

Export the clip from PP, import into AE, track it, do what you want with it, then render an alpha-channel clip from AE and import into PP.

Hey, it's not handy but it will work. You have to bear in mind that Adobe applications aren't 100% reliable. Maybe about 77%.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: 3D Track Error
on Dec 10, 2016 at 9:53:08 pm

[Mat Reynolds] ""3d camera tracker layer size must match composition"
"

precomp the footage -> leave all attributes. get inside that precomp and do your tracking at 100%.

nevertheless it's probably good practice to not using dynamic link when doing compositing shots using resourceful effects. what you could do is render your footage from Ae and use that to replace your clip instead of a live composition.

[Mat Reynolds] " I've seen people suggest simply dropping the clip onto a new comp and let AE create the comp and then run the camera tracker. However, my situation is a little different."

you could do that too by simply copy pasting the clip from your Premiere timeline to an Ae similar timeline. you will get a trimmed footage. you can also copy your sequence from premiere, paste in Ae and use just the clip - render it out, replace it in premiere.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]