FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular sprite follow orientation of animation path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucien De Vivo
Particular sprite follow orientation of animation path
on Dec 9, 2016 at 1:26:32 pm

Hi guys,

This forum has been so useful to me over the years, so thank you!

This is my first post ever (It's hard to find unanswered questions these days), if I am in the wrong place let me know. The problem I've come across is something I can't find the answer to anywhere!

This is the visual I'm animating, nothing crazy but its used throughout the entire animation.

Now you say simple enough, just use trim path or a stroke.. they are both very valid ways to do it, but I would really love a tapered end... had it not been a split tone line it would have been simple! Plus the added work of animating a mask isn't worth it at this stage as I'm still waiting on finished VO's/music... standard.

Anyway I have tried a null with an animated motion path - oriented to motion path, it has two lights parented and then using two particular layers using said lights, which as you can see looks fine, just not perfect:

However because its two particular layers and not one I can't taper it in the middle (is there anyway to offset the center point of a sphere). Is there any work around? I think maybe a 1px x 15px sprite with two tones would work, but I cannot get it to orient to the motion path!

Any help would be amazing, I can probably make do with out the taper, but it would look so much better with it... and the animation would really benefit from that polish!

Lucien

Return to posts index

Lucien De Vivo
Re: Particular sprite follow orientation of animation path
on Dec 9, 2016 at 5:06:01 pm

I figured it out for anyone wondering....

All I did was add 1 more light in the middle of the other two.. image below

Then added a further particular layer with the taper, I then used that as a alpha matte. It is such a taxing way of doing it though! Shame particular can't do it with just one light!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Dec 9, 2016 at 5:55:59 pm

Variable width strokes and tapering already has some feature requests. join us and add another ☺ http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Lucien De Vivo
on Dec 9, 2016 at 7:17:58 pm

Done and Done, fingers crossed its there in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]