<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Paul
chaining track mattes
on Dec 8, 2016 at 2:44:44 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Paul on Dec 8, 2016 at 3:18:32 pm

This is my setup:

And these are my current results:

project GIF

I've been trying to chain track mattes. "SOLID WHITE" layer is using Alpha Inverted Matte of "HI THERE" precomp. "How are you" layer should use Alpha Matte of "SOLID LAYER". That way, the "How are you.." text appears when the "SOLID WHITE" slides down. Apparently this combination is not possible without additional tweaks. Any idea what could be the work around?

UPDATE: why not just post the project itself

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: chaining track mattes
on Dec 8, 2016 at 6:21:54 pm

Have you looked into the Set Matte effect?

Alternatively, you could use the Copy with Property Links option to make a second square shape that follows the first one and use it as a track matte for the bottom layer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Paul
Re: chaining track mattes
on Dec 8, 2016 at 8:22:18 pm

Thanks for reply! I played a little with Set Matte, but no luck with that. I don't think I gain anything with mukliple shapes, because I still need to hide them (now I need to hide 2) when they slide down. I found another link that depicts the animation I am after. These guys are using a solid background layer without gradient applied to it, which I think is a simplification of what I want..

EXAMPLE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]