FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Remap & Twixtor

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Polina Korneeva
Time Remap & Twixtor
on Dec 3, 2016 at 10:37:07 pm

Hello all, and thank you for you continuous support. I have 2 questions:

1) I have an mov file with moving images and scenes, but the timing at which they appear is totally wrong - so I want to adjust them by applying Time Remap (I use it on the entire clip). I set keyframes for each scene (where it begins and ends), but when I start to move them there's a change in distance between them an the ones that follow after, so I need to zoom out (the clip is very long), select all of the following keyframes, and move them too. It's kinda uncomfortable because the clip is really long. Was wondering if there's an easier way to do this?

2) The other thing is that within these scenes, I have characters with body parts moving (a stop-motion animation), and I want to change the timing of their movement too (and then apply Twixtor to smooth things out). Is it a good idea to also use the Time remap (follow the same logic), and then apply twixtor in-between the parts where I remapped the scenes? I feel this is getting convoluted (and takes time to render!) - was wondering if there's a more simple way to do things.

Here's what it looks like

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Time Remap & Twixtor
on Dec 4, 2016 at 11:15:25 am

[Polina Korneeva] "I want to adjust them by applying Time Remap (I use it on the entire clip). I set keyframes for each scene (where it begins and ends)"

Maybe split [link] the single clip into separate layers at the scene boundary, so adjusting one doesn't mess with the others. The keyboard shortcut to split the selected layer(s) at the CTI is Ctrl+Shift+D (PC) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac).

[Polina Korneeva] "Is it a good idea to also use the Time remap (follow the same logic), and then apply twixtor in-between the parts where I remapped the scenes?"

You would use Twixtor in place of Time Remap, not in addition to it.

Note that you may not need Twixtor. Ae has a frame blending [link] feature called Pixel Motion which works similarly to how Twixtor does (though it offers less control.)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]