FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the name in After Effects of a stand-alone, programmable interface?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Young
What is the name in After Effects of a stand-alone, programmable interface?
on Dec 3, 2016 at 4:08:25 pm

I want to make a little helper-software tool for my boyfriend. He makes lots of computer graphics frames, and I animate them in After Effects. I have a template set, and I'd like him to be able to drop a folder of images onto some icon or button on his computer, and get a .mov back. I thought this sort of thing used to be called droplets, but a search on "droplets After Effects" yields lots of links to water drops.

Does anybody else do this workflow? What is called? (Then I can read some references about it...)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Krishna Moorthy
Re: What is the name in After Effects of a stand-alone, programmable interface?
on Dec 3, 2016 at 5:06:22 pm

I hope your need can be done by a script in after effects. But its a tough job to do that in a short period of time. Also, you need some basic programming knowledge to get going.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Dec 4, 2016 at 12:59:55 am

Hi Amy, sorry I can't help with "droplets", however does it have to be a .mov? If not, you could get him to put them as sequentially numbered jpgs (or whatever) into a folder and you could import them as an image sequence.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Dec 5, 2016 at 6:57:44 pm

Watch folders are similar to how Droplets worked in Compressor. Not sure how it works with images though...

Return to posts index

Amy Young
on Dec 6, 2016 at 4:05:24 pm

Thanks all for the ideas and moral support. 😃 I think that Watch Folders are similar in concept, but they work with an AE or PP or file that is already a movie. My aim is to make something so he doesn't have to open AE. I guess I will write something with ffmpeg, instead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]