FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text coming out of the ground

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viktorija Viktorija
Text coming out of the ground
on Nov 29, 2016 at 10:40:44 pm

Hi there,

I'm lost....and almost sure, doing nonsense by now. How can I make a 3D text appear from the ground? I added layer on top of the text, but it's a solid color layer and I have no idea how to cover text with a video file background, so I could add text position animation.

I attach image just to show what I was talking about:

I hope you know what I mean. And how to fix it.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Dion Mei
Re: Text coming out of the ground
on Nov 29, 2016 at 11:58:53 pm

Maybe this isn't right but you can try to precompose the 3d layer and camera, then make the comp about smaller to about the size you want and then make the 3d layer move down out of the comp area. I'll post pictures

Return to posts index

Dion Mei
on Nov 30, 2016 at 12:08:02 am

Return to posts index

Dion Mei
on Nov 30, 2016 at 12:09:12 am

It might not be right, just trying to help other guy will probably help you

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Nov 30, 2016 at 1:44:02 am

Hi. Duplicate your footage. On the upper layer draw a mask with its top edge where the text will appear from and make it deep and wide enough for the text to fit under it. Put the text layer between the two video layers and as it rises it will appear from behind the masked video layer. I think that's what you are trying to do?

Return to posts index

Viktorija Viktorija
on Dec 1, 2016 at 11:29:30 am

Thank you both. So I figured, the position of layers wasn't right, I have to re-order it. Even as shown on pictures (thanks, Dion Mei), the camera is on top of the solid layer. I will try keeping that in mind, while following the steps Greg suggested. Yes. That's what I'm going for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]