Dion Mei
Pan Out??
on Nov 28, 2016 at 11:54:59 pm

I need some help, can you tell me how might you pan out like this

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Pan Out??
on Nov 29, 2016 at 2:21:41 am

A "pan out"? A "PAN OUT"? What the hell does THAT mean? That's not even legit terminology! It's nonsense!

And what precisely do you want to know what to do -- the camera move on the z-axis while rotating, or the animated scribbling?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kakol Teks
on Nov 29, 2016 at 2:42:23 am

I think he talking about how the way the "camera" goes upward kind of, please don't ask me I don't know how to do that and plus Dave could you be a little bit nicer, he probably just wants to make an intro and just first started after effects

Return to posts index

Dion Mei
on Nov 29, 2016 at 2:51:22 am

Yeah I need to know how to do the camera move, i know how to do the scribbling and I'm just trying to remake an intro for someone else, I've only been using AE for 2 months and I'm pretty sure I have the gist of it but, still quite confused on the camera to null object or just camera in general.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Nov 29, 2016 at 3:06:22 am

Just to set your terminology straight: A camera can pan right or pan left, zoom in or zoom out, tilt up or tilt down, and dolly in or dolly out (if it's on a wheeled dolly). Those are the basic moves. The term pan is short for panorama - it has nothing to do with in or out moves.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dion Mei
on Nov 29, 2016 at 3:19:11 am

Ok Im sorry im only 15 and I just want to make an intro for friend, I don't really understand this, to me I thought the image was just panning outward.

Return to posts index

Dion Mei
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:32:16 am

Don't worry now I figured it out, thanks for all of the support I guess.

Return to posts index

Chris Buttacoli
on Nov 29, 2016 at 2:23:50 pm

Hey Dion, you should post for the community your solution - so others can learn from you!

This doesn't need to be done with cameras at all, I don't think. I can see it as just keyframing the scale, rotation, and position, with a wiggle expression thrown in.

The key is that the initial comp, that the text and "scribbling" and BG are in, is much larger than the final comp that this will be nested into. Then you just keyframe the animation!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:08:25 pm

Dion -

My post wasn't meant as an attack - it was just meant to give you the standard camera moves in a nutshell, so that when you post in the future, others don't jump all over you (yes Dave).

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:32:08 pm

Just FYI, this exact thing is an Andrew Kramer tutorial. I recommend learning the concepts and then adding your own twist as there are probably thousands of copies of this on Youtube now.

Return to posts index

Dion Mei
on Nov 29, 2016 at 11:35:04 pm

Yeah just watch the video as Daniel posted up there, thanks for the feedback, I will try to use the site more often and give my insight on questions asked and also ask questions, really like the community here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]