FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion blur, CC Force Motion Blur, and the 180 rule??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
Motion blur, CC Force Motion Blur, and the 180 rule??
on Nov 28, 2016 at 4:47:50 pm
Last Edited By Jerry Smith on Nov 28, 2016 at 4:48:34 pm

Soo, I have a 1920x1080 25 fps precomp in which it takes two seconds for a 100x100 square to move across the screen. Then that gets time remapped in the 25 fps main comp in various ways.

Now does the AE internal blur algorithm deal with time remapping in a sensible way? In some cases, it is looking a bit constipated. Sorta click click click across the screen. How can I get it to look better?

I am also thinking about using CC Force Motion Blur. I read somewhere on the internets about there being a 180 rule for how to set motion blur. If I just apply that to the precomp layer in the main comp, is there some BEST setting? Purveyors of this 180 rule make it sound like there is a sort of objective way of setting things. If I understand correctly it is one over two times my frame rate. So I should set the CC Force Motion Blur to 1/50.

I'm actually able to produce results that differ enough to make it interesting, but not enough to choose a clear winner.

Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Motion blur, CC Force Motion Blur, and the 180 rule??
on Nov 28, 2016 at 5:55:51 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 28, 2016 at 6:03:12 pm

[Jerry Smith] " ....I have a 1920x1080 25 fps precomp in which it takes two seconds for a 100x100 square to move across the screen. Then that gets time remapped in the 25 fps main comp in various ways."

Why? Why tie yourself down to time-remapping a nested comp -- which you have to duplicate anyways -- when you can simply duplicate the animated 100x100 layer, move it to a new point in time in the comp, and futz with the time between keyframes?

By doing so, you don't get Motion Blur problems.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Nov 28, 2016 at 8:20:00 pm

Thanks Dave for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, the precomping business is well entrenched.

I don't care about rendering time at all. Can CC Force Motion Blur give me a more correct result? I get OKish results with CC Force Motion Blur. But I'm wondering if there is a correct setting for 25fps.

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Nov 28, 2016 at 10:06:56 pm

Here's an easier couple of questions: can you tell what frame rate this video is just by watching it?
https://0.s3.envato.com/h264-video-previews/c265afe5-ff89-438e-a95a-f25bbff...

Could that be a frame rate as low as 25?

And, did they turn on motion blur? I'm not such a good judge of these things.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 28, 2016 at 10:51:20 pm

That wasn't 25fps! The motion's smooth with no blue. My guess is 59.94. Or 60, if you're a web-only kind of guy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]