Creating Z Perspective on a 2d Image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Cassidy
Creating Z Perspective on a 2d Image
on Nov 28, 2016 at 1:58:35 pm
Last Edited By Michael Cassidy on Nov 28, 2016 at 3:01:23 pm

Hi!

I'm pretty new to AE after years of using Final Cut Pro, I recently forked out more money than I probably should on AE and I'm just amazed at the versatility and the limitless possibilities now open to my editing.

My kids are absolutely hooked on this Youtube channel called 'Wow English' (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx1xhxQyzR4TT6PmXO0khbQ) and I've kinda reversed engineered his process so I can see how he's making these vids, BUT, there's a huge stumbling block I can't seem to work around.

I've outlined afew examples below where Steve (hero) is actually INSIDE certain elements.

Sat in a car - 3:22 -

Up to 20+ seconds sat in the mine cart (and flickering lights?!) -

Walking out from the van - 00:25

Sat in the bath - 2:19

What I don't quite understand here is how he's created these elements so that he can be inside them. I imagine they are either 2d images and he's using some funky masking or layering technique to have him sit between the front and back layer of the car/cart/bath etc....

Or, is he creating these elements in, say, flash as images with the front and back as separate images and creating depth of field so that the back and front of the image can have items slipped between them.

I realise this is probably a stupidly easy situation to work around but as mentioned, I'm a newb and would love to work out the best way to implement this technique.

Thanks for all of your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]