FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you have more panels of the same type open simultaneously?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Pedersen
Can you have more panels of the same type open simultaneously?
on Nov 25, 2016 at 3:20:44 pm
Last Edited By Alexander Pedersen on Nov 25, 2016 at 3:21:09 pm

Hi gurus!

I know you can have multiple viewers but can you do the same thing for other panels?

In this specific instance I have a control layer with Slider Controls on which I use to control whether effects are on or off on a lot of other layers. Instead of constantly double clicking this control layer I would like to keep it open at all times in a separate window. I would like to have two instances of the Effect Controls panel in which I would "Lock" (with the Lock symbol as with Viewers) the one and have the other one unlocked. Is this possible? I have a feeling it's not. I could see this usable with other types of panels as well but it seems the viewer is the only one possible. Please prove me wrong!

Regards
Alexander

Return to posts index

Alexander Pedersen
Re: Can you have more panels of the same type open simultaneously?
on Nov 30, 2016 at 5:50:53 pm

Bump!

-----------
Messing around in After Effects and Premiere Pro

Specs for whenever I forget to include it in my oh so many forum questions:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU: Intel i7-4770K @ 3,5GHz
RAM: 16 GB G.Skill 2133MHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 760
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-Pro
Seagate 1 TB

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 30, 2016 at 5:57:11 pm

[Alexander Pedersen] "I would like to have two instances of the Effect Controls panel in which I would "Lock" (with the Lock symbol as with Viewers) the one and have the other one unlocked. Is this possible?"

Click on the name of the layer in the title bar of the effects control panel (right next to the words "Effect Controls"), then select "New Effects Control Viewer." You can create as many ECPs as you like and lock them to specific layers.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Alexander Pedersen
on Dec 1, 2016 at 11:26:55 am

[Walter Soyka] "Click on the name of the layer in the title bar of the effects control panel (right next to the words "Effect Controls"), then select "New Effects Control Viewer." You can create as many ECPs as you like and lock them to specific layers."

YES!! Exactly what I was looking for. Pretty well hidden, Adobe! Thank you, Walter!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]