FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bizon Box 2S with Macbook pro retina late 2013

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kshitij Mehra
Bizon Box 2S with Macbook pro retina late 2013
on Nov 18, 2016 at 5:05:53 pm

Hi All,

I currently hold a macbook pro retina 13' core i7, 16GB RAM and intel iris graphics. I was wanting to upgrade to a Mac Pro and was hoping Apple would upgrade it, but it seems highly unlikely that would happen anytime soon. I do not wish to build a PC on my own. So, after going through the internet, I found out the option of using an External GPU with the macbook pro and Bizon box showed up.

I use after effects for animations and FCPX for edits.

I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the Bizon box on macOs using after effects and what kind of improvements have been noticed. Is it worth it or a total waste of money?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Robert Jenkson
Re: Bizon Box 2S with Macbook pro retina late 2013
on Feb 6, 2017 at 9:48:17 am

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro 15", fully maxed out with max RAM, SSD, and dGPU. I wrote to Bison to ask about FCPX, Compressor and Neat Video acceleration. They said that their BizonBox 2S coupled with the 980 GPU card would give me noticeable acceleration even without an external display. The only reason I have not yet purchased is because I have been looking through online forums like this one to see if any other MBP owner has purchased the BizonBox 2S and used it with FCPX and Compressor. I am especially eager to know how much faster Compressor will be, since my Mac spends a lot of time compression video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]