FORUMS: list search recent posts

Element 3D Texture Wrap

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Element 3D Texture Wrap
on Nov 18, 2016 at 12:27:47 am

Hey everyone,

I'm creating some text in Element 3D and trying to use an image as a texture map. Following a tutorial basically trying to recreate the Marvel logo animation.

Everything is working pretty well except for one thing. In the tutorial I watched, the image basically wraps itself around the text. So when the image folds itself from the front of the text to the bevel, it is still the same part of the image just continued. When I do it, the bevel has a totally random part of the image. It's not a smooth transition from the front of the text to the bevel.

Sorry, not sure if I'm describing this well. Making any sense? If so, any idea how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave Jackson
Re: Element 3D Texture Wrap
on Nov 18, 2016 at 12:13:08 pm

If you're using AE text as a custom layer and then extruding using Element, the UV will be stretched so you'll get that weird texture wrap. If you want better control over your textures its better to make it in Cinema and bring the whole polygonal model into Element.

Inside Cinema the standard UV projection should work fine, but if that doesn't look right try box projection and refit the texture as you need. Then once you're happy with the fit; right-click and 'generate UV co-ordinates' so that Element will fit it correctly. Then if you still want to animate the texture just replace the texture with the custom layer from there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]