FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scripting Seed Value

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Carnevale
Scripting Seed Value
on Nov 14, 2016 at 4:56:51 pm

Hello All,

I am in need of some help with scripting. I have a comp that contains 100's of layers with the same effect on them. To make things unique I need each one to have a different seed value. I am hoping for a way to use a script to change the seed value of each layers effect without me having to go into them individually and type a new seed. Is such a thing possible?

I was even thinking I could just have it reference the layer number to set seed value since that would ensure each layer is unique and avoid getting into any random number generation. I just don't know how to turn this into scripting language.

Thanks for your time and any help you can offer!
Anthony

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Scripting Seed Value
on Nov 14, 2016 at 6:21:18 pm

why do you need it to be a script? are you planning to make this over and over?

how did you created the layers and the effects in the first place? Was that with a script?

perhaps this page: link can assist you with the code.

If you need only to do this once, I would add an expression to the seed property that says thisLayer.index then copy the effect, hit ctrl+a to select all layers, hit ctrl + shift + e to remove all effects and paste the effect with the property changed.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Anthony Carnevale
Re: Scripting Seed Value
on Nov 14, 2016 at 9:35:12 pm

Hi and thanks for the suggestion.

In this particular plugin (color wiggle) the seed value does not have a stopwatch ability so I cant add an expression to it. I only assumed I needed to use scripting since that value needed to be adjusted through manual type input and I was looking for a way to automate the process of manually going through and changing each seed value.

I would not be needing to use this over and over and simply have over a 1,000 layers I will currently have to go into each one and change seed value. Without adjusting seed value, this color wiggle plugin will fade through the color arrangements in the same manner on each shape. I need to each shape to be at different points of the fade and the seed value controls that.

I might be able to adjust some things in that suggested link to make it work. I am making the assumption thisLayer.index will give me the layer value or does that only apply to expressions?

Thanks again for the input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]