FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I edit a clip in After Effects from Premiere Pro via dynamic link the video is conpressed widthways or too small

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Goodwin
When I edit a clip in After Effects from Premiere Pro via dynamic link the video is conpressed widthways or too small
on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:41:24 pm

I imported the clips into Premiere for trimming, performed Replace with After Effects Composition but in AE the video for some reason shows as very narrow or shrunk in AE or with black (space) around it when I check back on Premiere. I don't understand why. I'm trying to configure the composition settings in AE and sequence settings in Premiere to match.

I'm using Creative Cloud with AE and Premiere CC 2017 but this occurred with previous versions. In the screenshots below I included the sequence/comp settings dialogs for comparison.

In After Effects:

In Premiere Pro:

Thanks, I'm not all that experienced with either software, especially After Effects.

P.s. hopefully the above made grammatical sense, I'm tired.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: When I edit a clip in After Effects from Premiere Pro via dynamic link the video is conpressed widthways or too small
on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:55:25 pm

see if this is the case:
there is a bug in the current version that sends the resolution you set in the popup menu instead of the composition resolution. this happens through anything that using dynamic link (Adobe media encoder is where it usually bites you). as a workaround this means you should set your resolution in the composition resolution pop up to full - now you will see it in it's full dimensions.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]