FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gaston Huckabay
Keyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results
on Nov 7, 2016 at 5:34:00 pm

I've got an absolutely infuriating problem when using Keyframe Assistant. And I can't believe I'm the only one out there that's ever seen this.

I'm utilizing the Keyframe Assistant to animate eye blinks and mouth syncs with .psd artwork (special thanks to Aharon Rabinowitz's fabulous tutorial on lip-syncing). Things run smoothly about 75% of the time, the blinks perform as they should and at the times they are instructed. But the other 25% of the time they flicker at random and unpredictable intervals, where absolutely no keyframes were placed!

I go back and delete ALL the keyframes, but the problem persists; often times at new locations. I close the project file, close AE, relaunch or reboot only to discover the faulty information is either still there or has migrated to a new time location again. What the heck is going on? In the sample image, both of her eyes should be wide open.

What I'm running:
Mac OS 10.8.5
After Effect 6 v11.0.4.2
32GB RAM
GeForce GT 610 video card with 2GB



Return to posts index

chris brett
Re: Keyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results
on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:07:09 pm

Hi Gaston

----- not seen the tutorial but assume eye is on a separate layer - if so might be a z space issue --

This happens sometimes on mine if layers are at the same point in z space

If this is the cause just adjust the z position 1 notch to solve the problem making sure the 'eye layer' is above the 'head layer' in the layer list and also nearer to the viewer in z space ---

If they are not 3d layers you can just make them 3d layers without affecting the layout ( if no camera ) and maybe sort it like that .............. worth a try I think -


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------chris


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]