FORUMS: list search recent posts

IMac and After Effects CC2017

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sylvia Roberts
IMac and After Effects CC2017
on Nov 4, 2016 at 8:53:41 pm

I'm looking to buy a new computer for professional work with After Effects. I'm leaning towards buying the fastest iMac. Any recommendations on what specifications I need to ad in to the base model? Any problems with working with AE on the iMac: Does it overheat with extensive AE work? Does the graphics card that comes in the iMac support GPU-accelerated effects in AE CC2017?

thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: IMac and After Effects CC2017
on Nov 5, 2016 at 1:28:38 am

What are you currently using for work?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jaqai Mickelsen
on Nov 5, 2016 at 9:41:56 pm

Apple doesn't seem too interested in updating the Mac Pro. I already have three monitors I'm quite happy with, so I'm hesitant to buy a computer with a monitor built in — which significantly hurts the IMac's chances for me. Still, despite updating my video card and such, my mid 2010 8-core Mac Pro is getting pretty long in the tooth.

I've been looking at puget systems.: https://www.pugetsystems.com who actually work with you to build a custom machine based on how you're looking to use it.

Sure, it's PC, but everything I've found online has given them pretty high marks (I've been hemming and hawing about taking the leap for over a year now). I continue to read up on Windows 10 and continue to be torn.

Return to posts index

Sylvia Roberts
on Nov 7, 2016 at 7:17:05 pm

Thanks! I will look in to it. I've been a mac person for so long.. don't know if I can make the switch.

Return to posts index

Sylvia Roberts
on Nov 7, 2016 at 7:14:18 pm

My computer is old- It has served me well for many years. Its an Early 2009, Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2.66 GHz, with 12 GB of memory, with an Apple Cinema 30 inch HD Display Monitor...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]