FORUMS: list search recent posts

White seam when wrapping 360 footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Innes
White seam when wrapping 360 footage
on Nov 2, 2016 at 2:24:04 pm

So this has happened to me a couple times. When using After Effects and Mettle Skybox, I get a white seam a couple pixels wide running up the back of my footage. I am previewing it on an Occulus Rift in the Mettle SkyBox VR Player. It wasn't there yesterday when I was looking at the footage, but when I opened up the project today, it was there.

I created a new composition with just the footage in it (It's equirectangular) and it's still displaying that way without any effects applied to it.

I have yet to export the footage and see if it still wraps like that, but I'd rather not waste the time exporting if it's something that needs to be fixed and is not just a glitch in the preview.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Bobotis
Re: White seam when wrapping 360 footage
on Nov 2, 2016 at 2:36:33 pm

You may have inadvertently moved your layer a bit. If you are (even) one pixel off, it would cause this.

Please file bug reports here : support.mettle.com

Thanks.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

Lauren Innes
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:56:24 pm

I'll double check it, but I dragged the video to a new comp in the project window and viewed it right away and it was still doing it.

Is it something with the aspect ratio? The video is 3840x1920.

Thank you for your quick response!

Return to posts index

Jono Gaughan
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:01:21 pm

Are you working at full-res or lower?
Is the white line appearing at the edge of the equirectangular image?

Try this: In your footage pre-comp, add the Motion Tile effect (enable mirror edges and increase the output width/height by a couple pixels) or the CC RepeTile effect (set to "unfold" and increase all 4 properties by a couple pixels) to the clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]