FORUMS: list search recent posts

how can I keep the stroke proportion locked while scaling a shape layer? [more info inside]

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit Kilo
how can I keep the stroke proportion locked while scaling a shape layer? [more info inside]
on Oct 27, 2016 at 1:06:10 pm

Hey there!
So I have a simple shape layer with black stroke applied on it and the whole layer is on draft quality mode so I can control the pixels better.
I'm looking to scale it vertically and horizontally but keeping the stroke size the same.
This gfycat will explain it better:

https://gfycat.com/BouncyBlandKillifish

you see how the stroke expends?, my goal is to keep it the same :\

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: how can I keep the stroke proportion locked while scaling a shape layer? [more info inside]
on Oct 27, 2016 at 3:04:33 pm

Scale the shape itself and not the layer. Make sure your stroke is happening after the shape layer's transformation. Shape layers are really powerful, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Amit Kilo
Re: how can I keep the stroke proportion locked while scaling a shape layer? [more info inside]
on Oct 27, 2016 at 4:08:39 pm

Thank you, do you know if it is possible to make the "rectangle path" anchor point to be as the layer's anchor point?, trying to change it with the pan tool doesn't snap to corners for some reason.

Return to posts index

Amit Kilo
on Oct 27, 2016 at 4:12:05 pm

never mind, it won't accept it anyways, you know if there's a way to expand it only to one side using values and not manually with the mouse?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:19:04 pm

There are several ways to do that.
Here's one: 10738_growfromside.aep.zip

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]