FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with creating a background environmental mapping scene using element/skybox/horizon etc.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
neil kapur
Trouble with creating a background environmental mapping scene using element/skybox/horizon etc.
on Oct 25, 2016 at 8:54:59 am

Hello

Well i am trying to create a scene using a 2d image(1920*1080) and look like a 360 video. Now i am facing issues as follows.
1 Trapcode horizon - When i apply horizon to the image the pixels are breaking apart. There is damage restored when i adjust the H and L values,Straighten,Scatter sampling etc. But not getting a decent output.
2 Skybox - It has better output than horizon but there are a lot of variables involved, i am trying to learn but it will take time i guess.
3 Element 3d - I think this is easiest way atm to create the scene inside of setup using environment . Somehow the output quality is not great.
4 Environment effect is greyed out in my ae. It wont be of any use if it was there.
There is another method i used to make copy of the background,rotating it to 90 degrees ,joining end to end and setting up a scene .The major problem was at the 90 degree bend of the image ,tried my luck using blending option but no use. although it did look like inception ? but then that is what i didn't want. Also does corner pin effect be applied on image using horizon/skybox/element and what is the image quality recommended to use with all these plugins.
I am using after effects CC 2015.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Trouble with creating a background environmental mapping scene using element/skybox/horizon etc.
on Oct 25, 2016 at 3:12:39 pm

If you're trying to stretch a 1920x1080 image to be 360, the quality is not going to look great at all if your comp is also 1920x1080 because you are trying to blow it up way too large. Could you go into a little more detail about what you are trying to accomplish so we can make better suggestions?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

neil kapur
Re: Trouble with creating a background environmental mapping scene using element/skybox/horizon etc.
on Oct 25, 2016 at 4:42:15 pm

Thanks Michael
I am trying to create a basic jetstrike (video co pilot) aerial scene , revolving around a jet . The scene starts from the left side view of the jet and ends up behind it. Right now i am using an equirectangular image which is not my original intended background scene. Basically it boils down to the image resolution or if somehow the scene is created combining two images at 90 or whatever degree in the z plane and the camera does some magic at the intersection and it does not looks weird.
:)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 25, 2016 at 5:53:43 pm

You are going to need a much larger resolution image than 1080p for what you want. Honestly, even just a still picture from an iPhone is going to be better than that.

If you have Jetstrike, you have a pack of higher resolution photos that you can use.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

neil kapur
on Oct 27, 2016 at 4:57:55 pm

Thanks Michael

Finally i took a decision using a panoramic image which was easier to use with trapcode horizon. The camera movement option is limited in horizon . All is well that ends well. :)

"Cinema is an unhappy art , as it depends on money"
(Tunnel talks)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]