FORUMS: list search recent posts

(Converted) QuickTimes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
(Converted) QuickTimes
on Oct 24, 2016 at 8:24:49 pm

I'm just getting into serious exporting this week. When I export, I get a nice couple gig QuickTime. Then when I watch it, it gets converted and after I have the option to save it. Can somebody tell me what the two formats are that I am moving through? What is the first one that I get? And what is this (Converted) thing that doesn't even seem to have file type!?!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
Re: (Converted) QuickTimes
on Oct 24, 2016 at 8:33:27 pm

And--I just noticed!--If I export through Media Encoder, there is no need to covert! Hmm....

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:54:08 pm

Hi Jerry,

Mac or PC, and what is the intended use of the encoded file - meaning to put online, make a Blu-ray or DVD, put on flash drive, archive, edit?

For delivery, one would typically use H.264 because the file size are smaller, but high quality, and playable on most any device.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Oct 24, 2016 at 11:32:37 pm

It's a Mac. Final format doesn't matter. It may be different on a PC. I just don't understand why I end up getting two files.

Return to posts index

Frank Feijen
on Oct 25, 2016 at 7:15:27 am

As I understand it (it's been a while since I've worked on the Mac), when using quicktime to view videofiles, it converts them for you in order four you to have good playback. So in essence, your not looking at your final render, but at a compressed version of it (I'd presume h264-mp4, or the likes).

I'd recommend using a different mediaplayer for reviewing your final renders (VLC, QT7, Catalyst...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]