FORUMS: list search recent posts

Online VFX school recommendation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Hinkle
Online VFX school recommendation?
on Oct 20, 2016 at 1:33:49 am

So I've been doing After Effects professionally for more than a few years now. Think I've got it down pretty well, but it's time to shift gears slightly. Thinking I'd like to go a more visual effects/special effects approach. But my training and experience don't lend themselves to that approach. There are no schools in my area that offer the kind of training I need. Can any Cow masters recommend a good online school that might fit the bill?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Online VFX school recommendation?
on Oct 20, 2016 at 1:44:28 am

I would recommend the excellent Mark Christiansen courses on Lynda. he is the master in VFX in Ae. read about him here:
https://www.lynda.com/Mark-Christiansen/663622-1.html. for deep understanding take Chris and Trish Meyer https://www.lynda.com/Chris-Meyer/137-1.html. their book CMG in Ae is my bible and it's 750 pages.

other than that I know fxphd had great courses but I have not seen anything special in Ae. I say subscribe to lynda. learn everything Chris and Trish Meyer has to say about this software to get a deep under the hood understanding of it. and for techniques take Mark Christiansen.

I don't know about any other high end stuff.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Oct 20, 2016 at 1:44:32 pm

Thanks for the tips, Roei. Guess I should have clarified: I'm already a Lynda subscriber (although I've not watched the Christiansen courses so thanks for that recommendation) and I've read my Meyer book to tatters. What I'm looking for is more of a traditional school approach, with actual course structure and assignments. Something next-level beyond independent study.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Oct 21, 2016 at 8:38:12 am

I see. Fxphd is the high end level of tutorials I am aware of. Maybe after watching Mark Christiansen you will see that this is maybe all you needed. If you find something else please share.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]